As Gastric sleeve surgery continues to grow in popularity, so does the unanswered questions. Here are things you need to know about gastric sleeve surgery should you consider going for it. Gastric sleeve surgery also known as vertical sleeve gastrectomy, vertical gastrectomy, or gastric sleeve is a surgical weight-loss procedure that involves removing part of the stomach and leaving the gastric sleeve which is a thin section of the upper stomach. About 80 percent of the stomach is removed, leaving a well-shaped stomach. Gastric sleeve surgery has become relatively common in recent years.
Pros and Cons of Gastric Sleeve Surgery
- Good for obese people. It helps lose 60 percent of body weight within 12 months.
- It has a success rate of 85 percent.
- Surgery is painless as patients are placed on anesthesia.
- It is a minimally invasive procedure when performed laparoscopic.
- Fast recovery from incisions as surgical incisions are tiny.
- Little or no dietary complications from eating sugar or refined carbohydrates.
- Fast recovery from diabetes, cholesterol, and sleep apnea.
- Minimal risk of post-surgery vitamin deficiency.
- Zero use of foreign objects in the body.
- Patients are unable to engage in any physical activity immediately after surgery until determined by a surgeon.
- Patients cannot take carbonated beverages. Stretching of stomach pouch caused by gas released from carbonation reaction with digestive enzymes.
- Patients cannot eat solid food a few weeks after surgery. They can only take liquids and soft foods.
- Patients are likely to feel thirsty and will not be able to eat or drink immediately after surgery.
- Patients may experience sore throats for a few days as a result of the breathing tube used during surgery.
- Risk of bleeding at the staple lines
- Patients will experience sore in the abdominal area for a short time which will require the use of pain medication
Are you looking to get gastric sleeve surgery in Tijuana? You are on the right page. Lighter Dreams Bariatric Service of Tijuana doctors are here to make sure you get that perfect body you want. Our doctors will make sure you go through a painless surgical procedure. Apply for gastric sleeve surgery in Tijuana.
This entry was posted in Post-Op, Pre-Op and tagged gastric sleeve. Bookmark the permalink.