Dr. Miguel Navarro has devoted his efforts, skills, and exceptional medical skills to our Lighter Dream's patients. Dr. Miguel Navarro is the Founder and Director of the Bariatric Surgery Tijuana Center and the Chief of Bariatric Surgery for the Bariatric Center. Dr. Navarro is a board-certified bariatric surgeon.
Dr. Miguel Navarro started his medical career in the year 2006 at Centro Estudios Universitarios Xochicalco. He then completed his medical internship and did his share of social service for almost a year. Dr. Navarro was a part of Tijuana General Hospital for four years and specialized in general surgery. He performs weight loss surgeries, including gastric bypass, mini-gastric bypass, gastric sleeve, duodenal switch, and bariatric surgery revisions.
Dr. Miguel Navarro has experience working in general surgery, vascular surgery, gastrointestinal surgery, advanced laparoscopy, trauma surgery, and bariatric surgery.
He is renowned for his qualifications and skillset. After receiving the education and the required medical skills in the bariatric field, he became an active member of the European Association for endoscopic surgery.
It is his passion that drives him forward and makes him excel at what he does. He has successfully changed the lives of many patients who suffered from obesity. Dr. Navarro understands how crucial it is for those struggling with obesity to make this decision. He has always offered his help to those who have started on the path of weight loss.
His commitment towards helping patients every step of the way from a significant amount of weight loss to providing them with adequate information about the procedure to offering individual attention to every single patient and caring about their recovery makes all the difference.
Weight loss surgery is a stretched-out journey that requires much aftercare to be successful. That is why Dr. Miguel Navarro never backs out from his responsibilities. He does all it takes to make his patients a healthier version of themselves.
Lighter Dream is successful because of the efforts and medical expertise that Dr. Miguel Navarro and the rest of their dedicated medical staff brings to the table.
Experience and Practice
Dr. Miguel Navarro has the experience working in general surgery, vascular surgery, gastrointestinal surgery, advanced laparoscopy, trauma surgery and bariatric surgery. Dr. Miguel Navarro is more than qualified to handle any circumstances that may arise during surgery. He has successfully completed thousands of bariatric surgeries.
Education and Training
Dr. Miguel Navarro has earned his medical degree from Xochicalco University Studies Center, Faculty of Medicine, and his general surgery residency at Hospital General Tijuana (General Hospital in Tijuana), a medical institution that has has developed the surgical residency into a well known program.
Dr. Miguel Navarro has completed fellowships with Advanced Bariatric Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery and Advanced Trauma Life Support. Dr. Miguel Navarro is dedicated to making sure each of his patients has a successful result in the operating room, and his overall complication rate is below average, with zero operative mortality.
- Career as a medical surgeon at Centro Estudios Universitarios Xochicalco
- Medical Internship in IMSS HGR1 Tijuana Baja California Norte
- Social Service in Santa Anita S.S.A. in Baja California Sur
- Specialization in General Surgery at Tijuana General Hospital
- Assistance and training in Safe laparoscopic cholecystectomy by the Mexican society of General Surgeons. June 2018 in Tijuana Baja California norte
Certifications and Affiliations
- Submission of thesis for Diploma of specialization in General Surgery with the theme: “Efficacy and safety of percutaneous drainage of amoebic liver abscess guided by ultrasound with 10mm laparoscopic trocar in patients of the Tijuana general hospital"
- Completion of course and certification in the specialty of General Surgery through the assessment on a scale from 0 to 100% obtaining a certificate with the general average of 84.39 with registration No. 011/32438
- Approval and certificate as a member of the Mexican Board of General Surgery
- Active member of the European Association for endoscopic surgery and other intervention techniques. ID member 7809
- Mexican Council of General Surgery (CMCG).
- Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery (AMCE).
- Mexican College of Surgery for Obesity and Metabolic Diseases (CMCOEM).
- European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS)
- The International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO).