With over 4000 bariatric surgeries, Dr. Mario Camelo is a bariatric surgeon in Tijuana, Mexico. Dr. Camelo offers a full range of bariatric weight loss surgery options, including gastric sleeve, gastric bypass surgery, mini gastric bypass, single incision gastric sleeve, revisions surgeries, and more!
Dr. Camelo utilizes a comprehensive bariatric team approach to treat his patients for the best results and minimize their postoperative pain through small incision surgery.
All of Dr. Camelo’s patients are carefully assessed to see if weight loss surgery is the right decision for them. Dr. Camelo helps patients review their weight loss surgery options, and patients are asked to complete some pre-operative assessments.
2004-2005: Family Practitioner
- Unidad De Medicina Familiar No. 1 – Ciudad Obregon, Sonora, Mexico
2010-Present: General Surgeon
- HOSPITAL GENERAL REGIONAL No. 20
Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico
- A trusted, a patient-focused, and experienced doctor with a long history of serving patients by successfully diagnosing, treating and also managing their illnesses
- Exhaustive knowledge of surgical techniques
- Familiarity with all kinds of general surgeries
- 2011 - Fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopy – Hospital Angeles Tijuana – México
- 2009-2010 - Advanced Laparoscopy – Hospital Angeles Tijuana, HGR 1 IMSS Tijuana
- 2008 - Mini Fellowship in Lap Band
- 2009 - Hospital General Specialty – General Surgery – Culiacan, Sinaloa
Recent Educational and Membership Activities
- 2008 – Member of Curso de Apoyo Vital en Trauma – ATLS Monterrey, NL
- 2008 – Participant in Xlll Congreso Nacional De Cirugia Endoscopica
- 2008 – Diplomado en Cirugia Laparoscopica Avanzada
Universidad Autonoma De Sinaloa (University Of Sinaloa)
- 1995-2000: Facultad De Medicina
1st Grade To 5th Grade – Culiacan Sinaloa, Mexico
- 2000-2001: Hospital General Regional No. 1 – Culiacan, Sinaloa, Mexico
Social Service/Community Service
- 2001-2002: Caritas Culiacan S.A. De C.V. – Culiacan, Sinaloa, Mexico
- 2005-2006: 1st Grade
Hospital General De Cd. Juarez – Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico
- 2006-2009: 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Grade
Hospital General De Culiacan – Dr. Bernardo J. Gastelum, Culiacan, Sinaloa, Mexico
As a senior resident in the hospital the doctor supervised medical students and interns in the surgery unit.
Currently not available